We are currently seeking an Aegis Weapons System (AWS) trainer to develop; organize; and conduct training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, VA. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the officer level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Combat System specifically the Aegis Weapons System (AWS).
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Aegis Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the officer level.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Aegis Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Aegis training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Interfacing directly with stakeholders including and other industry partners and customers as needed in the execution essential Functions and duties.
Must be able to clearly and adequately communicate course curriculum to students. Communicate needs and requirements to internal staff, clients and Program Managers in order to adequately form and respond to tasks assigned.
Required Certifications: US
U.S. Citizenship is required Yes
Security Clearance: Secret
Candidates must have an active clearance OR the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance, and will be subject to a US security background investigation (i.e. favorable background investigation / credit score). Additional eligibility requirements for access to various levels of classified information may also be required. An active security clearance is highly desirable.
Tactical Engineering & Analysis, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer