Tactical Engineering & Analysis, Inc. (TEA) is a professional services company providing Engineering, Test Services, Analysis, and Software Support for the development of Military Combat and Communication Systems. Our technical support facilities are located in San Diego, California, and Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Are you looking for a smaller company where you can be recognized for your contributions and truly benefit from the company's success?
TEA provides a culture where hard work is recognized! We offer competitive compensation packages and benefit plans with generous employer contributions. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which rewards our employees with company stock based on the success of TEA.
Please take a look at our open positions and apply to those which you feel you are qualified. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Position Overview: Position supports the Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) Program Office (MPO) planning, programming, budgeting, coordination, execution, and Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of the MIDS Low Volume Terminal (MIDS-LVT) and MIDS Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS) tactical data link systems for airborne, maritime, and mobile and shore-based platforms.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
• Extensive DoD program management, Link-16, and MIDS experience providing direct FMS
program management services to the FMS Division director, deputy director and case managers.
• Support the development of Tactical Data Link (TDL) program acquisition strategies for
of TDL (primarily Link-16) into foreign platforms. This may include preparing data for inclusion
into Navy International Program Office (IPO) strategic planning database.
• Develop informational papers and briefings to support the MIDS FMS mission, strategic vision and
its programs. This includes comprehensive presentations on a variety of Link-16, MIDS, and
• Manage and staff FMS Case Management Support personnel. Ensure MPO programmatic,
technical and financial management of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases, and other technical
services follow standard MPO standards and processes.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques and communicate/report
project status and needs to management and associated clients.
• Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders of assigned projects.
• Execute management functions across various clients and funding vehicles as required/assigned
• Develop existing staff capabilities, perform hiring and staff management functions in accordance
with company policies. Provide guidance to team members and monitor their performance,
discipline and attendance on regular basis.
Skills / Qualifications:
• Five (5) years program management experience directly supporting a Department of Defense (DoD)
program office at a major systems acquisition command, which has acquired ACAT I/II Command, Control,
Communication, Computers and Intelligence (C41) systems.
• Two (2) years experience managing a support services contract supporting an ACAT I-III program for a DOD
program office at a major acquisition systems command. The support services contract should contain
program management, financial management and technical support tasks similar to this task order and require
at least 17 full-time employees.
• USG provided NMCI Computer and peripheral equipment
Typical Working Conditions:
• General office environment with USG provided NMCI Computer and peripheral equipment
• TEA Corporate laptop will be provided at the discretion of Executive Management
Essential Physical Tasks:
• Ability to lift 10 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• Ability to use a personal computer, keyboard and mouse on a consistent basis.
• Possibility of Domestic and International travel up to 10% of the time by automobile, air, etc.
• Operates standard computer based business tools (including but not limited to Microsoft Word and
Excel) effectively with a high degree of competency.
• Independently generates documentation that presents information in a logical manner.
• Demonstrates excellent clear and concise verbal communication skills.
• Active communicator - giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
Customer Interface Activities:
• Frequent coordination with SSC Pacific Program Management & USG technical leadership
• Frequent coordination with Program Office leadership civilian & military representatives
• Uses independent discretion to develop an effective client to customer communication process
involving stakeholder identification, planned communication, efficient information distribution, and
Project Management / Staff Supervision Tasks:
• Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Develop processes and plans for staff technical and professional capabilities growth.
• Assign project leads and work with subordinates to formulate team composition to ensure
successful service delivery.
Work Schedule: 9/80
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Completion of a Bachelor of Arts or bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university.
• Completion of Defense Institute for Security Assistance Management (DISAM)/Defense Institute of Security Cooperation Studies (DISCS):
- International Programs Security Requirements course (or equivalent course offered by a commercial vendor which covers the same or similar
U.S. Citizenship is required
Candidates must have an active clearance OR the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance, and will be subject to a US security background investigation (i.e. favorable background investigation / credit score). Additional eligibility requirements for access to various levels of classified information may also be required. An active security clearance is highly desirable.
Tactical Engineering & Analysis, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer